It’s official! Jay-Z is the first billionaire of the hip-hop world! He is also among the very few entertainers that are in the billion dollar club.
Forbes has released a cover story, declaring Jay-Z’s empire and assets at $1 billion. They include investments in real estate, technology companies, fashion, music, and other ventures.
Jay-Z, born Shawn Carter, is widely considered among the best rappers of all time. He is one of the most recognized and popular rappers, along with being critically acclaimed. He has won an astonishing 22 Grammy awards to date and is also one of the best-selling artists of all time.
Jay-Z’s rise to prominence came after the release of his debut album, Reasonable Doubt in 1996. Albums such as The Blueprint and The Black Album have solidified his position as one of the best rappers ever. His rise to fame is more remarkable considering that he was a drug dealer before becoming a rapper.
He has been married to renowned singer Beyonce since 2008 and the couple is widely regarded as a power couple in the music industry. They have three children.
Among the investments and assets of Jay-Z are
- $310 million ownership of Armand de Brignac champagne
- A $100 million stake in D’Usse cognac
- A stake in Tidal, the media streaming service, worth $100 million
- A stake in Uber, the ride-hailing service, worth $70 million
- A $75 million music catalogue
- Around $50 million in real estate ventures
- An art collection worth around $70 million
Isn’t this an absolutely wonderful and inspiring rags-to-riches story? What do you think about this? Do let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
Leave a Reply